April 22, 2009

Wild Turkeys & Other Stuff


Early yesterday morning I was driving down a country road in the rain/s _ _ _ on my way to Neenah to take my mother to her hair appointment, shopping and out for coffee. I looked over and saw about a dozen wild turkeys in a field including this tom. Pulled over onto the shoulder of the road hoping not to get rear-ended, fumbled for my camera and took the picture through the windshield in between wiper swipes. Yes, I know I make a lot of excuses for my poor photography. Tom was surrounded by his harem and showing off his wingspan.

The Brunnera macrophylla is coming along nicely. As it grows, the leaves get very large and keep the heart shape, which I love. We've had three days of rain and cold, but starting today it's going to warm up and everything should grow like crazy.
Totally unrelated to gardening or nature, my son flew to CA for his job, bought this car while there and drove it 3,000 miles back to WI with stops in Las Vegas and Sheridan, WY. Something about that bright yellow color made me want to take a picture of it. This time of year, I'm so starved for color.


Here's some more color. Phillip playing with Theo in the early morning. We're very into fashion in this house. He's wearing Green Bay Packer pajama bottoms, skull socks, Yu-Gi-Oh robe and red Fruit of the Loom shirt.

4 comments:

  1. I would pull off the side of the road to get a pic of wild turkeys too! What fun to see.
    Thanks for visiting my blog. I'll be back to yours also!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gotta love a wild turkey! and how about that yellow, snazzy car! Phillip would look cute in anything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so cool to see a wild turkey pump himself up like that. It reminds me of what we thought all turkeys looked like when we were kids. I think it's a great photo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I have EVER seen a wild turkey, I sure don't remember it. I sure as heck would pull over! Thanks for being my "learn one thing each day" kind of friend!

    ReplyDelete

For you to take the time to leave a comment means a lot to me. You make my heart happy.